Why We Love It: High quality beauty products are expensive and a gamble. Birchbox sends out samples for men and women based off your beauty profile and allows you to rate them so they can further customize your next order. You get to try out high end products to see what works best for you for next to nothing, and if you find something you like then you can purchase the full size version directly from their website. Also BirchBox were also one of the OG’s of monthly subscription boxes.
2. Hygge: Hygge believes that everyone deserves a little pampering and self-care. It's not a subscription service, it's comfort and coziness delivered to your doorstep. The Danish term Hygge (pronounced hue-guh) roughly translates to the feeling of warmth and contentment. Whether it's the soothing aroma of a scented candle, a long bubble bath, a heart-to-heart conversation with a loved one or a hot cup of chamomile tea after a rough day. Hygge is the ritual of creating a cozy atmosphere and enjoying the simple pleasures of life. Each monthly box is carefully curated with this concept in mind. Filled with an assortment of items (including a hardcover book, tea, scented candles, artisanal treats and other handmade goodies), unboxing a Hygge box is like opening a box of warmth and happiness. Not to mention the beautiful packaging that enhances the whole unwrapping experience.
Hey Adam, I stumbled across your site looking for potential candy subscription box companies to work with in the future because I make my art out of candy wrappers and thought it might be interesting to see where this could go. I’ve been using wrappers for 6 years now so my current method is on point but I’m ever evolving. I want to keep it short but if you’re interested in chatting give me a shout and if you have a moment check out some of my work. Thanks for your time.
Potential Savings. Having goodies shipped to you in a subscription box is often cheaper than buying each of those items separately. Karr says her subscription service gives her a 5% discount on all the items she has shipped from Amazon. Others subscription services offer even bigger savings. For instance, GlossyBox says its October 2017 box contained $69 worth of beauty items for about $20, and Loot Crate promises at least $45 worth of nerd-culture joy for $16.
Subscription shopping also has some big drawbacks. The most obvious one is that, with most services, you don’t get to choose the items you receive. You get the thrill of looking forward to a surprise package, but when you open it, the surprise isn’t always a pleasant one. You could find yourself stuck with a bunch of stuff you don’t actually want, and not enough of the stuff you need.
Frank And Oak Style Plan is a personal stylist service for men and women, exclusively for Frank And Oak products. You can choose to have Frank And Oak send you 3 items every month or every other month. Items are selected according to your size, taste, and budget preferences– and you can login 2 days before your box ships each month to add or remove items, or skip the month entirely. When your box ships, you’re billed in full for the members-only discounted price of the items in your box; up to 25% off their retail prices. If you decide not to keep any of the items, Frank And Oak will issue a refund minus the $25 styling fee for your order.
8. Vinyl Me, Please: Vinyl Me, Please's monthly subscription service is a treat for audiophiles. Every month the subscriber receives a limited edition vinyl LP (often in color), a 12x12 album-inspired art print and a cocktail recipe to complement the music. Each Record of the Month, whether a current release or a special re-issue, is thoughtfully curated, aimed at broadening the musical taste of the subscriber. Plus, you get to enjoy additional content online, including their podcast and Spotify playlist.
For those of you not caught up on the trend (get with the times), a subscription box is pretty much exactly as it sounds. You sign up for the business of your desire, whether it be athletic apparel, stationary, makeup, or dog treats and they deliver a customized box of goodies to your door each month. Making you happier than a kid on Christmas! We love subscription boxes for that reason.
Birchbox. This is the box that started it all, and it’s still one of the most popular, with over a million subscribers. For $10 per month or $110 per year, it provides an assortment of five beauty samples – all specially chosen to meet your particular tastes. Items include lipstick, mascara, skin cream, dry shampoo, and fragrance, all from high-end brands. If you like the samples in your monthly box, you can order full-size versions from the Birchbox website. Birchbox now offers a men’s grooming box as well, with products like hair gel, deodorant, and beard oil.
GlossyBox. GlossyBox is a pricier service than Birchbox, with monthly rates ranging from $17.50 to $21 depending on the length of your contract. However, it gives you more for your money, providing both samples and full-sized products from trendy brands. Consumerist reports that when its sister publication, ShopSmart magazine, tried the box, it included a full-sized lipstick that would have cost $20 by itself. Unlike Birchbox, this service usually sends the same items to all its subscribers each month.
12. The D.I.Y Collectives: DIY enthusiasts and fans of organic beauty products will love this subscription box service. All hands-on projects are designed to help you craft your own bath, beauty and skincare products at home. Every month the subscriber receives a project kit that includes a step-by-step guide, organic ingredients and other supplies that are required to complete the project. All the DIY products foster self-sufficiency & promote environmental sustainability. Their past projects include Dead Sea Salt, Lavender, Olive Oil and Lemon Soak and Scrub and a facemask and toner made using bentonite clay, aloe vera , chamomile and rosewater.
6. Love With Food: Looking for a guilt-free way to satisfy your 3 p.m. cravings? Look no further than Love With Food. Each box is filled with an assortment of healthy, organic snacks (think chocolate chip granola, honey apple oat bars and spicy fava beans).The boxes come in three different sizes: Tasting Box, Deluxe Box and the Gluten-Free Box. You can opt for a monthly, quarterly, six-monthly, or annual subscription. Plus, for every box sold, Love With Food donates a meal to charity. So you can stock up your pantry with delish munchies and contribute to a great cause at the same time.
birchbox#TBT to when we launched Birchbox in Canada last December! 🇨🇦 Please give a big Birchbox welcome to our Canada subscribers who will now be joining us on this Instagram account and the latest addition to the Birchbox team: @caseycrowetaylor, our Canada Social Media Manager! LOBBL (Lots Of Birchbox Love) xo #Birchbox #BirchboxCA 📷: @theprettyvain
These days, you can get nearly anything in a monthly subscription box. From beauty sample boxes to meal delivery services, these companies will deliver a fresh selection of products to your door, month after month, for a flat monthly fee. People love subscription boxes for their convenience and the thrill of getting a surprise package each month. And with prices as low as $10 a month, they can look like an unbeatable deal.
5. PawPost: PawPost is the purrfect subscription box service for your four-legged companion. You can choose from three box options: the Cat Box, Dog Box and the Dog Treat Box. Each box contains a carefully curated selection of eco-friendly toys, natural, grain free food and treats and hygiene products. The Dog Treat Box features only edible goodies that are delectable, nutritious and organic. All the products are sourced from brands (like Beautiful Joe’s, Mutts & Hounds and Freak MEOWt) that support animal welfare. Plus, they also do special, festive-themed boxes that include lots of holiday-inspired merch for Valentine’s Day, Halloween and Christmas (now isn't that pawsome?)
If you're working out in the same old gym clothes every day, it might be time to switch things up. You fill out a profile based on your workouts and style preferences, and SweatStyle selects a handful of activewear options you'll love. After your box arrives at your doorstep, you have five days to decide what you want to keep and pay for; the rest can be returned.
On the other hand, if your favorite thing about your subscription box is getting a special treat each month, you can give yourself the same experience by creating a category in your personal budget for “mad money.” This is a sum of cash – which doesn’t have to be large – that you can spend on anything you want. It allows you to treat yourself to something special each month – and since you pick it yourself, you can be sure it’s something you’ll really use.
BeautyFIX is Dermstore’s contribution to the skin care and beauty realm of subscription boxes. Curated by skin care experts, each monthly BeautyFIX includes six or more products adding up to a total value of $100+ (that’s about four times what you’ll pay for it!). In each box, you can expect to see a healthy mix of full-size and deluxe-travel-size products—including skin care, hair care and cosmetics handpicked by beauty experts and delivered right to your door. Brands included in previous boxes include: Avene, Paula’s Choice, Skinceuticals, ByTerry, Jane Iredale, Juice Beauty, and more.