Other just-for-fun boxes cater more to adults. For instance, Loot Crate is a $16 monthly subscription box “for geeks and gamers” containing a themed assortment of t-shirts, decals, figurines, and more. And Spicy Subscriptions is strictly adults-only, providing a monthly selection of sexy products like massage oils, candles, and adult toys for $34.95.
10. Runner Crate: Runner Crate is perfect for people who want to get or stay fit and try new things at the same time. Every month the subscribers receive cool running gear, 4 to 6 healthy snacks (like veggie chips, granola and organic snack bars) and a couple of other runner goods. The boxes also include monthly running challenges to motivate you to crush your fitness goals.
These days, subscription boxes can do more than groom you – they can dress you from head to toe. The best-known clothing subscription is Stitch Fix. This shopping service is a bit different from other subscription boxes. For $20 a month, you get a box with five items – clothing, shoes, and accessories – chosen just for you based on your style preferences. However, if you want to keep the items, you have to pay for those separately.
Julep. The monthly Julep box has a focus on nail polish, though it includes other beauty items as well. Unlike many services, Julep gives users the option of previewing the month’s selections and picking out the specific items they want. The service has two tiers: My Maven, which provides $40 worth of products for $25 a month, and Maven Luxe, which delivers at least $60 worth of products for $40 a month. You can save $5 a month off either service by signing up for a three-month subscription.
Why We Love It: With the number of perfumes out there, it can be hard to find your signature scent. Even when you do find one you like, you’re usually so over it by the time you reach the bottom of the bottle. Scentbird allows you to mix up your perfume and cologne game each month with 450+ high end scents to choose from – leaving you smelling fresh as a flower.
9. Birchbox: If you're someone who hates browsing through shelves at the local beauty supplier, Birchbox is the perfect subscription service for you. Just fill out a survey to help the service customize the selection based on your personal needs and sit back. Each month, you'll receive five deluxe sample-sized hair, beauty and skincare products tailored to your personal preferences. Every item comes with a how-to guide so you can easily test out different products. Once you've discovered your favorites, you can buy their full-size versions from Birchbox's online store.
7. Pipsticks: If the idea of receiving packs of cute stickers every month in your mail gets you excited then you need to get a Pipsticks subscription ASAP! They offer two subscription services — for kids and for 'pros' (adult sticker enthusiasts). Each monthly package comes with 15 or more sheets of theme-based stickers, a quote card and a fun postcard to share the sticker craze with your loved ones or pen pals. From funky food trucks and glittery unicorns to raindrops, beaches and scratch-and-sniff strawberries — each monthly pack will make the #stickeraddict in you squeal with joy. Plus, they're all set to launch a collection of chic journals, sticker books and planners that will be available from June (Spoiler: the planners come with sparkly, holographic pouches, creative prompts, sticker sheets, patterned sticky notes and much more!). You can pre-order yours here.
Spice up things in the bedroom with this collection of different sensual products — perfect for those Saturday nights when the kids are sleeping at their friends' houses. You can choose from the lube of the month ($10/month), a toy of the month ($25/month), or the full on Spice Box, which features two full-size items, one or two "intimate" items, and two to three trial-size items.
8. Vinyl Me, Please: Vinyl Me, Please's monthly subscription service is a treat for audiophiles. Every month the subscriber receives a limited edition vinyl LP (often in color), a 12x12 album-inspired art print and a cocktail recipe to complement the music. Each Record of the Month, whether a current release or a special re-issue, is thoughtfully curated, aimed at broadening the musical taste of the subscriber. Plus, you get to enjoy additional content online, including their podcast and Spotify playlist.
11. Frank And Oak: Frank and Oak's clothing subscription service is a hassle-free and affordable way to upgrade your wardrobe every month without leaving the house. All you have to do is fill out a survey about your style preferences and sizing and sit back. Next, you'll get an email with a preview of three items of clothing handpicked by a Frank and Oak stylist based on your personal style. You get 48 hours to add or edit items in the box or skip the entire order. All subscribers get 20% off each piece of clothing they decide to keep. Plus, free shipping and returns.
Although often considered a splurge, subscription boxes can be quite the little life-savers. Say you always forget to buy razor blades until it’s too late (read: you’ve got serious razor burn)? There’s a subscription box for that. Never remember to eat breakfast in morning and feel totally drained by noon? There’s a subscription box for that. Or maybe you never have anything fun (cough, cough, educational) to do with your kids on a rainy day. Yep, there’s even a box for that. While you can’t possibly sign-up for them all, we’ve rounded up the top-rated options to help you make the best choice.